Digital Marketing Assistant
Salary: Starting at £12ph
Location of vacancy: Birmingham / remote
Hours: 16 hours per week, flexible within normal working hours
Position type: part time
This is an exciting varied role that has scope for growth and would suit someone who is currently working at a junior level and/or studying in a relevant area (marketing / social media / branding) and would like to progress into a digital marketing career within an independent company.
During a training period you will be working directly with the Brand Manager, following this you will be expected to work independently and report back to the manager regularly.
You will be part of a small team of four, working together to promote an independent business.
The role will mostly be remote, with occasional co-working with the digital team in Birmingham. You will also be welcome to join events and meetings with the whole team in London.
- Assist with scheduling social media content using scheduling software
- Assist with marketing research, blog writing and marketing ideas
- Assist with creating video content for social media
- Assist with social media customer service: answering messages and comments
- Write creatively to encourage brand loyalty and engagement
- Follow brand guidelines to adopt tone of voice and personality
- Actively look for new influencers and press to feature the brand and products
- Identify opportunities for press coverage and seasonal features
- Keep a database of press and influencer contacts and records of communication
- Is confident working independently / using own initiative
- Attention to detail: you will be trusted to double check your own work
- Has excellent communication skills and is fluent in written and spoken English
- Is highly motivated and results driven with a genuine interest in digital marketing
- Has experience in digital marketing - either from studying or work
- Has experience using Canva (or other design software) for creating graphics
- Is interested in developing their skills and progressing within a small company
- Has experience creating videos with iMovie (or similar software)
- Has studied or is currently studying branding or marketing
Please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter explaining why you think you are right for this job to email@example.com
Please note: candidates selected for interview will be asked to bring two examples of successful social media campaigns to discuss during the interview.