18th August 2020
Part-time: Digital Marketing Assistant
Salary: Starting at £10.75ph
Location of vacancy: Birmingham and/or remote
Hours: 16 hours per week (flexible days / times)
Position type: part-time
This is an exciting role that has scope for growth and would suit someone who is currently working at a junior level or studying in a relevant area (marketing / social media / branding / PR) and would like to progress into a digital marketing career within an independent company.
During a training period you will be working directly with the brand and marketing manager, following this you will be expected to work independently and report back to the manager regularly. You will be part of a small team of digital marketers, working together to promote an independent business.
- Craft stories and ideas to help to promote the brand online
- Assist with scheduling social media content using scheduling software
- Assist with marketing research, blog writing and marketing ideas
- Assist with creating video content for social media
- Write creatively to encourage brand loyalty and engagement
- Follow brand guidelines to adopt tone of voice and personality
- Actively look for new influencers and press to feature the brand and products
- Identify opportunities for coverage and seasonal features
- Keep a database of press and influencer contacts and records of communication
- Track and monitor all media coverage
- Is confident working independently as well as part of team
- Has excellent communication skills and is fluent in written and spoken English
- Is highly motivated and results driven with a genuine interest in PR and digital marketing
- Has some experience in digital marketing and/or PR - either from studying or work experience
- Is interested in developing their skills and progressing within a small company
- Has experience using social media platforms for businesses
- Has studied or is currently studying PR or marketing
- Has some experience with creating video content
- Has experience working in a PR role for an independent business
Mr Jones Watches is based in London, however the marketing team is based in Birmingham. We will consider candidates that want to work completely remotely, however Birmingham based is preferable.
Please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter explaining why you think you are right for this job to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: candidates selected for interview will be asked to bring two examples of successful social media campaigns to discuss during the interview (interviews will be taking place remotely).
The deadline for applications is 31st August - however we may close the position early if we find the right candidate, so don't delay!
We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.